Saturday, February 07, 2004

Did you know...?


Hi Kari:

Since you recently posted about the wonders of the domesticated dog, I thought in an exercise in tangential blogging, I'll share the following item.

About a month ago, being an info-hound, I was looking around for some obscure bit of information. While I was at it, I found this web page from the Library of Congress that answers why onions make you cry. From there I found out that zebras can't be domesticated as a general rule. Excerpts:

They are unpredictable and are known to attack people. To be domesticated, animals must meet certain criteria. For example, they must have a good disposition and should not panic under pressure. Zebras' unpredictable nature and tendency to attack preclude them from being good candidates for domestication.
From this page, I found out that zebras can be bred with horses resulting in a Zorse, or bred with a donkey yielding a Zonkey, or mixed with a pony producing a Zonie. I'm not kidding. See here.

Dogs --> Blog post about dogs by Kari --> Blog post by Rene --> Inquiring minds (or people bored silly) can read about onions and zebras and their hybrids.

Cheers,
Rene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home