Sunday, January 25, 2004

Picture of the day


Hi Kari:

Pleased to hear that Opportunity has landed safely on Mars!



Image source: http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040125a/p150xL_cyl_str2-B0R2_br2.jpg

I'm still not sure how I feel about the Bush Administration's goal of sending people to Mars and setting up a base on the Moon. I believe we eventually want to be able to do such things but how much money and how quickly to work toward those goals is an open question in my mind. Have you formed any opinions on this?

For now, I'm just admiring what the NASA-JPL people are doing on Mars. Hope that Spirit will become fully operational again and am glad they were able to fund a second rover in Opportunity to explore another part of Mars.

Cheers,
Rene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home