Friday, April 22, 2005

My current dog-eared books




"THE COMMANDING HEIGHTS: THE BATTLE FOR THE WORLD ECONOMY" by Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw

Am told this book gives a good overview on how the world economy got to be what it is today.

PBS site for Commanding Heights documentry.




"Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist" by John Piper

Many people have mentioned this book to me. Finally, decided to pick it up and read the book with the provocative title. Sounds almost "sacriligious" doesn't it? Speaking of titles meant to raise an eyebrow, check out Disappointment with God. It is one of those books I couldn't put down.

Author John Piper's web page.




As a biochemistry major science nerd, classic literature was something I didn't get much of in college. So I'm trying to work some in these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home