Friday, February 18, 2005

Celebrity look alike? Hackman as Anteater Coach?

Hi Fellow Tin Canners:

I was hoping to see my first Anteater basketball game in three years tomorrow on Saturday when the Eaters take on the team from UC Davis. I have to say I didn't know they even had a D-I basketball program.

Alas, you can call me froggy as I've caught a cold and with my scratchy throat, I made a pretty decent impression of a frog this morning.

Anyway, if I was going to the game, I'd blog back about the experience and include a few digital photos.

Instead of a nail biting account of the game, I'll just have to be content with what is below. I always thought coach Pat Douglass looked familiar and eventually I got around to seeing the famed movie Hoosiers and I made the connection. See for youself below.

Gene Hackman as Norman Dale, coach of the Hickory Huskers in Hoosiers ...



Image source: http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/hoosiersintroteam.JPG

For a side-by-side comparison of the fictional story with the real story, go here. HT to Americanrhetoric.com.

UC Irvine Anteater coach Pat Douglass ...



Image source: http://www.mbball.uci.edu/images/douglassbar.jpg

Is it my imagination or do they look alike?

Have a great weekend,
Rene

UPDATE: I've been resting at home recovering from my cold. For now, I have the streaming audio from this web page. For the Yahoo! Sport's coverage, go here.

UPDATE: For more Anteater fandom, check out the CIA site. CIA = completely insane Anteaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home