Monday, April 10, 2006

LA Scene: Santa Anita 5K

I'm sure across America there are plenty of 5K events. However, one nice thing about life in Los Angeles is that pretty much on any given weekend there is a 5K somewhere and the weather is likely to be quite nice.

Last Saturday, I participated in the Santa Anita Derby Days 5K in Arcadia.

It is held at the Santa Anita Park Racetrack and raises funds for Arcadia High School Athletic Boosters Club, the Arcadia Explorer Program, and the Arcadia Historical Museum.

Here are four participants at the event ... such cheerful, health conscious, good-looking people!



I've rounded the corner heading toward the finish and I stopped to take a photo of the jumbotron of the runners heading toward the finish line ...



After the race, I visited one of the health booths. Here I am with five pounds of fat. You can buy one at MyPetFat.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home