Thursday, October 16, 2003

Deja vu all over again?!


Oh, Karnack One Kari:

As I watched Pedro begin to get into trouble in the bottom of the eighth inning, I wondered, are they going to leave him in there to lose the lead? Yup, they did and they did.

You commented earlier today in the comments file:
I think I'll root for a late-in-the-series meltdown from the Beantown boys that will make everybody forget Bill Buckner.
I guess that shows our dear readers that you are the clear-eyed sports analyst and I'm the hopeless romantic rooting for the star-crossed Cubs and Red Sox. We are not worthy, we bow before the great sports guru from Kansas.

So tell us Karnac One Kari, who wins between the Fish and those darn Yankees?

Have a nice weekend,
Rene

P.S. As a Dodger fan, I cannot root for the Yankees. The Marlins in SEVEN.

UPDATE: I stand corrected, Kari, you were rooting for the Red Sox (see comments file for this post). You correctly forcasted something would go wrong, it just happened sooner. I was rooting for the BoSox but after Pedro surrendered the lead I went to the Rite Aide store a few blocks from my apartment to get some household items and took my Walkman. I just had a feeling it was going to go badly for them so I only had it on a few minutes at a time. At the checkout counter, the clerk saw me laughing a pained laugh and he asked what's up? I said, Yankees just won with a homer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home