Thursday, September 18, 2003

Mailbag



Hello Ms. K:

Time again for the mailbag...

I got this comment from one of our sophisticated readers:
You guys have a neat thing going with the dual-blogger meme...

Since I didn't know the word, meme, I went to the Internet to find a definition of which I found several and so I wrote back:
Found on the net....

Memes are the basic building blocks of our minds and culture, in the same way that genes are the basic building blocks of biological life.

An interesting word...! Feel free to chime in on our blog if something is in your strike zone!! 8-)

To which this erudite reader then wrote back:
Well, I admit I didn't have that grandiose an image when I wrote the word 'meme'. More like the webster definition of "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture"

Ding. Ding. Ding. Grandiose! I refer you back to our blurb just under the representational art banner at the top.

I know I'm speaking for both of us here at TTC when I say to our readers keep those "cards" and "letters" coming and please make use of the comment feature below the posts if you want to dive straight into the clamor.

Grandiosely yours,
Rene


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home