Friday, May 25, 2007

Theology: I'm post-modern???

Very interesting!

Actually, as I look at the numbers, it all kind of makes sense!

I scored 71% on the Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan scale.

This makes sense as I grew up in a Southern Baptist church with Armenian flavor in regards to salvation which I never fully bought the idea but felt it had a lot of good points. I spent four years in a non-denominational church that had several United Methodist trained ministers and was founded by United Methodists to serve the immigrant Chinese population.

I scored 68% on the Reformed Evangelical scale.

I'm currently at at Presbyterian church and as such I've read up a little bit on Calvin's TULIP which I don't fully buy into but believe it has some good points.

I scored 75% on the Emergent/Postmodern scale.

I suppose being a scientist by training and by personality leaning toward the rational side, I have come to see the value of reason but also the limits of reason. As such I tend to hold my beliefs with varying degrees of certainty. I'm not a relativist by any stretch of the imagination but I find dogmatism hard to defend. I also am currently involved with the youth group at my church and this whole emergent-postmodern thing is big among the young people even if they don't know to put that label on it.

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern, You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

75%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

71%

Reformed Evangelical

68%

Classical Liberal

64%

Neo orthodox

64%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%

Modern Liberal

46%

Roman Catholic

43%

Fundamentalist

39%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com


HT: Reflecting

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home