Friday, August 13, 2004

Public Speaking

Hey Kari:

Do you like public speaking?

As an introvert, public speaking isn't something I naturally gravitate to. Yet, I enjoy teaching and thus, public speaking. It is terrifying but fun at the same time.

Anyway, blogging will be non-existant for a handful of days as I prep for a public speaking engagement.

The talk is titled, "Explaining the Origins of Life: Evolution and Intelligent Design, Prospects and Problems."

I'll generate a pdf of the talk and have a link when I'm done.

UPDATE: Here is a link to a one-page pdf file outline of the talk.

I'll blog back later next week.

Rene

P.S. I got the bill from the ER from my SF episode. Can you guess how much it was? Click on the comments section to find out!

UPDATE: Here is a link to a one-page pdf file outline of the talk.

UPDATE: Well, I think the talk went reasonably well. I managed to cover all the material in a little over one hour followed by about half an hour of questions and discussion.

At times, I felt I was talking like an auctioneer on too much caffeine! People liked the video and DVD clips I interspersed into the talk and I liked the break they gave me from talking! I recommend Snap Pro for obtaining clips from DVDs for usage in presentations. I used Keynote instead of MS Power Point.

Professor Bainbridge marks some of his posts "Personal: relentless self-promtion" and so let me engage in some of that here with this offer: if your church or civic group would be interested in having a talk like this please feel free to contact me at rrblog_at_yahoo_dot_com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

The bill came to ...

$5978.08

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home