Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Go Cubs!


Top of the morning Kari:

What can you say, TOO much Kerry Woods!

As a Dodger fan, I don't have a dog in this hunt though I am going to root for the Cubs -- you know, UCLA Bruins, Chicago Cubs, the bear thing?

However, there are TWO teams I will NOT be rooting for: the SF Giants and the NY Yankees. Alas, I have to confess, the Giants probably have the best shot at winning it all. But I'll still root against them. I honestly don't know who I'll root for if that dreaded Yankee vs. Giants World Series materializes.

Having said that, I don't see the Fish being able to skewer the Giants. As for the Cubs vs. Atlanta, when was the last time Atlanta entered a series where their pitching might be their weakness in relative terms? In a short series, the Cub pitching may cause the Braves trouble.

I'm hoping for the delicious irony of ex-Dodger player ex-Giant manager Dusty Baker leading the Cubs over the Giants in the NLCS!

Meanwhile, in the AL, Oakland has been on the verge seemingly forever but haven't gotten over the hump. I'm thinking this is the year. They should take care of the Red Sox.

As for the Yankees, one must recall that last year they fell to the hot team which was the Anaheim Angels. Well, right now, you got to say with the strong finish, the Twins are the hot team.

In a Twins versus Oakland ALCS, I'll go for Oakland.

Cubs win the world series in six.

What do you think?

Go Cubs,
Rene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home