Thursday, July 08, 2004

Cultural Concurrence Index

Hi-De-Ho Rene,

Quick post today, just to point you and interested readers in the direction of a fun little quiz over at Terry Teachout's About Last Night blog on ArtsJournal.com.

In it, Teachout, the Wall Street Journal's drama critic, poses 100 either-or questions of preference (i.e., Daffy Duck or Bugs Bunny?), then has a simple way to tabulate our responses to compare them to his preferences. He calls it the Teachout Cultural Concurrence Index -- although we can, by inference, use it to compare our own concurrence. Bet we could come up with a few of our own too. To wit:

Star Trek or Star Trek: TNG?
Dick York or Dick Sargeant?
Chet Atkins or Dr. Atkins?

You get the picture.

Anyway, on the TCCI, I checked in with 57% -- 53 of 93, with seven questions featuring at least one option with which I was not comfortably familiar enough to make a value choice.

Give it a whirl, and report back...

Later,
Kari


1 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

I freely confess I'm the less cultured member of this blog team. The only culture that really grows on me is the bacteria from the lab... (*rimshot*) ... okay, Kari, put that tomato down! 8-)

Much of TT's list are movies I haven't seen and authors I haven't read. So out of 100 questions I had to leave 36 blank! Of the ones where I had some opinion, I was 36-28. Thus, 56%.

You were 57%!

Yikes, cultural concurrence?!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home