Wednesday, November 12, 2003

KARI-FM

Hi-De-Ho Rene,

I love my iPod.


You know what I’m talking about; you have an even better one than I. The initial work of converting the majority of my CD collection to digital files was a chore, but maintaining, reorganizing, and ultimately listening to all that music is now so much easier.

Mine is a 10GB iPod, which is still only about 2/3 full with about 1,700 songs from more than 150 CDs. (More digitizing awaits me.) I bought a cheap little FM transmitter that converts the iPod into a personal radio station. With the “random” function running, my car stereo belts out eclectic selections, one after the other, all of which I like, and very few of which are ever on “real” radio.

This morning, the iPod served up, in this order:

1) “Fat Babies” by Lyle Lovett
2) “Across the Avenue” by Freedy Johnston
3) “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
4) “I Won’t Stay Long” by Sixpence None the Richer
5) “I Guess I’ll Have to Change My Plans” by Fred Astaire
6) “Wayfaring Stranger” by Johnny Cash
7) “What is This Thing Called Love” by Billie Holliday
8) “Hey Boy! Hey Girl!” by Louis Prima
9) “Sweet Jesus” by Gary Chapman
10) “Los Peces En El Rio” by the Gipsy Kings
11) “Flight of the Passing Fancy” by Squirrel Nut Zippers
12) “Roxanne” by The Police
13) “Here in America” by Rich Mullins
14) “Two of a Kind (Working on a Full House)” by Garth Brooks
15) “Loudly Let the Trumpet Bray” from Gilbert & Sullivan’s Iolathe
16) “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley
17) “The Obvious Child” by Paul Simon
18) “Smooth Criminal” by Alien Ant Farm
19) “Over Time” by Lucinda Williams
20) “The Bird That You Can’t See” by Apples in Stereo

The best hits and obscure gems from my collection, all on my car stereo, on personal radio station KARI-FM. What could be better?

Later,
Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home